Let me preface this story by mentioning that Matt and I are constantly saying we would like to eat better, healthier meals, exercise more, etc.
Yesterday Matt made us egg and cheese bagels for breakfast and we took Elyse to the park before her nap. After the park we decided to go to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. We each got a chicken sandwich, split some fries and shared a milkshake. That evening we went to the mall to fill our time until we needed to pick up my dad and Susan from the airport, who were flying back in from Europe. We decided to eat dinner at the mall and enjoyed a wonderful meal at Maggiano's (quite possibly my favorite restaurant). We sat outside and were concerned it may get too cold but it turned out to be perfect out. Soft Italian music was playing and there wasn't much light besides the glow that table candles provided. I thought of it as a date night with Elyse along for the ride. We watched shoppers passing by and cars scurrying around. It was nice. (By the way, using a savings pass and shopping on the clearance rack I got some amazing bargains on clothes for Elyse at Macy's......5 complete outfits for about $10 total.)
On our way home we both felt grossly full. Once we got back I googled the nutrition facts from our meals out and calculated our breakfast at home. We ended up consuming around 3,500 calories yesterday. Once we figured out the number we almost simultaneously said, "That's insane". Fortunately we don't do things like that very often, but at the same time, we do it often enough, if that makes any sense at all. It's funny because I don't realize how bad the nutrition of the food is because if I were to make it at home I would never use that much butter, cream, salt, or whatever restaurants tend to pile onto their food that makes it taste so yummy. At the end of the day though, it was worth it. I enjoy eating out so much I would gladly make it a hobby. Some people like to cook, I like to eat what other people cook. Not that I mind cooking, I just don't love it like I love eating out.
Today......I should be doing something, anything, productive but I'm not. Matt's at the Bucs game enjoying some "boy time" with the family. Elyse is napping and my house is in need of several things but it's so nice out and this hummus I'm eating is so good.
I've been learning about different Psalms at church over the last few Sundays and this mornings message has left me unwilling to fluster today. Psalm 37 mentions fret and Pastor Kurt pointed out that only 8% of what we fret about ever comes true, which leaves 92% for nothing. I fret. Not in excess in my opinion, but I do, so today I'm taking the day off from fret and I'm going to try to be still in that regard.
Uh oh. I think I'm getting hummus on the keyboard. Better go.
I should probably put the hummus away and try to burn off a few of those 3,500 calories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
November
(10)
- My fun little hobby is getting time consuming and ...
- Deck the Halls
- Elyse has been sleeping in lately, today she got w...
- Let us give thanks
- We has such a busy weekend with family and friends...
- Crick in my neck
- Let me preface this story by mentioning that Matt ...
- I'm tired. I spent the last few nights staying up...
- Winter fall festival
- The coupon seminar I went to on Friday was great! ...
-
▼
November
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment