My first playdate hosting was a success! There were 5 mommies and 6 little ones. Every toy was scattered throughout the house, a Santa had his head ripped off, and I have a feeling I will be finding Cheerios for months but it was such a great time and I'm thankful to be meeting some nearby families.
Dinner tonight.....not a success at all. I attempted a salmon recipe with sides of broccoli slaw and brown rice. It looked beautiful but tasted, well, healthy and fishy. Oh well, at least I tried I guess.
Elyse and I were at Publix this afternoon and this sweet looking elderly man was waving and smiling at Elyse from a nearby bench. I have such a soft spot for older people and I loved watching them interact without saying a word. Then the man spoke up and I was sure I was about to hear words of wisdom or compliments on my beautiful child who had actually obeyed me without hesitation in front of the gentleman. Still grinning at Elyse he sternly said, "Your daughter has her finger up her nose, you need to teach her not to do that." Seriously! I could hardly believe my ears. I politely grinned back but thought loudly to myself how many battles I choose between everyday and how fingers up noses cannot be one of them right now. I'm sure he meant well but I am a little pleased with myself for not getting worried about it or letting it ruffle my feathers. I'm trying and I'm being as consistent as possible with these new battles of my now toddler and that's good enough for me right now even if it wasn't for him. I like feeling like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
December
(9)
- Ramblings of a domestic engineer
- This Christmas was wonderful for us. It was the fi...
- Florida doesn't get much of a true fall. In fact,...
- The evening of my last post I was able to go shopp...
- My two very special someones and Elyse's favorite...
- This years Christmas card. I decided to use our l...
- My first playdate hosting was a success! There we...
- I did it!
- Quick updates
-
▼
December
(9)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment