This years Christmas card. I decided to use our little snowman terd picture after all. We've gotten great feedback which always makes me feel good.
Matt and I watched The Time Traveler's Wife last night. As unrealistic as that movie is, in some strange way it made me think maybe Matt's travel isn't all that bad. Funny I know.
It's cold here. Really cold. It even looks cold and the harsh winds that made us take our doorhanger off exacerabte it by quite a bit.
I took my first trip to Ikea with a friend and our 2 little ones last Friday. Wow! What a store! We decided to car pool which pretty much kept me from buying anything large because there just wasn't room for it with carseats and strollers. We had a great time though and I want to go back soon to come up with some storage solutions for some of Elyse's toys and create a little play area for her.
Saturday night we went to a Christmas party through some of Matt's coworkers and had a great time. I always love playing the white elephant game, I like the game more than the parties most of the time, or maybe it's that the game makes the party. Yeah, that sounds better.
Sunday we were supposed to get together with my dad, his wife, his wifes family, and my sisters but Elyse had a fever. Her first fever ever in fact and it completely suprised us. We were leaving church and she looked a little dazed and felt warm to the touch. I took her temperature once we got home and it was 101.4, within half an hour it was over 102 and after her nap it was 103.3. Needless to say we didn't go anywhere but as a nurse even I was suprised at the emotion it evoked in me. I wasn't scared nor did I panic, I just felt for her. I can't explain exactly what I felt because I hadn't felt it before. It was just genuine, heartfelt concern while feeling help less and cluelessI suppose but those words don't seem to do the emotion justice. She was acting okay but looked just pitiful. Matt and I enjoyed the extra snuggles we got and even sat with her until she drifted off to sleep. There is such a sweetness to her when shes sick, designed perhaps to help everyone involved through it. She is much better today and for that I'm thankful.....sort of. Once feeling better she was back in full blown toddler mode which challenges my thoughts, actions and patience everyday......but my oh my do I love that little girl. I keep learning over and over that every hurdle in parenting is quickly met with another challenge and more often than not they overlap. One obstacle is swiftly traded with another and so it goes. Consistancy and being firm don't come easily for me but armed with Proverbs and goals I think I'm doing okay. The progress I've seen in her and her behavior is so rewarding but just as I prepare to exhale my sigh she turns purple in anguish not wanting to sit down to eat at meal time.......and so it goes. I can't help but wonder, does it get harder? More challenging? Or does it remain somewhat similar in challege but just keep changing? I have a feeling I don't want to know the answer but that I'll know soon enough anyway.
I need to get my couponing and a couple of other chores done during this luxurious calm her sleeping provides so I better be going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
December
(9)
- Ramblings of a domestic engineer
- This Christmas was wonderful for us. It was the fi...
- Florida doesn't get much of a true fall. In fact,...
- The evening of my last post I was able to go shopp...
- My two very special someones and Elyse's favorite...
- This years Christmas card. I decided to use our l...
- My first playdate hosting was a success! There we...
- I did it!
- Quick updates
-
▼
December
(9)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!

No comments:
Post a Comment