Sunday, November 13, 2011

Horse Power for Kids is where Elyse got to go for a pony ride with our mom's group.  It was a little over 50 degrees outside which made for a cold morning but gorgeous afternoon.  The kids all had a great time with the petting zoo, train ride, horses, etc. 


 Her pony had pink and purple hair!  All the girls wanted to ride her.

 First face painting at First Friday a couple of weeks ago.  I was amazed how fast they painted on her cheek and how still she stayed waiting to see the end result.


Elyse had horse power, Adley had flower power!



I've noticed a lot more interaction, tracking and focusing the past 2 days.  I'm starting to really think it's just a developmental delay.  I'm not sure what, if anything, that would mean for our family.  Perhaps it's just an eye muscle delay that is taking longer to strengthen or perhaps it's the first of several other delays that are to come.  Only time will tell. 

I am at peace about our appointment on Tuesday.  I am so in love with this little girl, she literally takes my breath away.  Friends have been so supportive and encouraging as I use them as sounding boards and ask them what they think as Adley pans her surroundings.  I've been reminded over and over to trust her creation, trust that her eyes are perfectly formed and beautifully focused, that she will see what God wants her to see.  I was focusing on coming to terms with the possibility of anything and everything being "wrong" that I lost sight of the faith I must have that IF something is wrong, it is purposeful.  Even if this all turns out to be a false scare, He has used this to strengthen us, and if something is different than what we anticipated, He will use that too. 

It's amazing how many lessons can be had from one scripture.  The verse I posted in my last entry, Ephesians 1:17-18, is something I'm committing to pray daily..... I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you.  Our pastor encouraged us in that before these eye issues came to be and it seemed fitting to pray for wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him daily.  But as I meditated on that, having the eyes of my heart enlightened, reminded me that our spiritual vision is much, much more than eyesight. 

"Open the eyes of my heart Lord, I want to see you."
"Walk by faith, not by sight."

These things are taking on new meaning for me.  God is using my 10 week old baby to teach me so much. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!