Thanksgiving was great! Matt had 4 days off to spend with us and we were able to spend the holiday with his family and I'm planning to visit my side this week. We had, what I would call, a well balanced weekend. We got enough accomplished that we felt productive and scratched a few things off the do do list, but kept our days free enough for some quality time together. Finding that balance is a constant struggle for me because there always seems to be so much to do but people who need my time (and I need theirs) as well.
Then Monday hit me with a bang. Matt flew out early and I awoke to a cat who looked ill and had gotten sick in several places around the house, a toddler with a worsening cough, drippy nose and fever which had all started this weekend but hit a new peak this morning. I called first thing and got her seen by her doctor this morning. From the looks/sounds/history of everything, Elyse had Croup and while she had Croup, contracted RSV, and now has an ear infection (her first ever) to boot.
The house is cleaned up, Elyse and Adley are napping, I missed lunch in the hustle of things so I just polished off a box of squares crackers (Cheez-its), which was not a good decision. I'm contemplating hauling all 3 of us along with my 24 year old cat, Mandy, to the vet this afternoon to see if anything needs to be done for her. Adley has her MRI tomorrow morning and I'm already nervous about leaving my dad with a sick Elyse. The men in my life are amazing instruction followers so as long as I spell it all out, measure medicines ahead of time, have her lunch ready on a plate under plastic wrap (which she will probably not eat anyway), he will do great.
Now to find a vet.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
November
(13)
- MRI Results
- Adley's MRI
- I can only imagine the sight I must have been this...
- What a day!
- Word travels
- Time to focus
- Eye update from a mother's perspective
- Adley's Neuro-Opthamology Appointment
- Horse Power for Kids is where Elyse got to go for ...
- 2 month visit
- Adley, 8 weeks old
- This will end
- Bee-utiful, bee-having babies!
-
▼
November
(13)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment