Monday, November 28, 2011

I can only imagine the sight I must have been this afternoon when I took Mandy to the vet.  It was 63 degrees outside and raining.  I had Mandy in the cat carrier, Adley in the infant carrier, Elyse on my hip and a diaper bag on my shoulder, dashing through the rain into the office.  Elyse's nose was so runny she had wiped it onto her forehead and into her hair, she had red rimmed eyes and was coughing like a seal.  Mandy was yelping in protest of the confines of her carrier.  Thankfully my shoe didn't fall off or the diaper bag tip over and Adley pleasantly sat along for the ride. 

The staff quickly ushered us into our own little room, we had a 4pm appointment and were backing out of the parking lot at 4:34pm......that my friends, is a very successful trip.  In that 34 minutes Mandy was assessed, weighed, lab work was drawn, urine sample taken, and given IV fluids.  She was severely dehydrated and other than that, according to the vet, is just an old cat.  $300 later we were all on our way back home.  Hopefully the fluids will perk her up and the labs won't be anything remarkable.  I must admit, given her age and the way she was acting today, I wasn't sure she would be coming back home with us, but thankfully she did.  I love that cat....a lot.  I also wasn't sure how I would explain to Elyse why Mandy came with us to the pet doctor but didn't come back home.  I'm grateful we didn't have to have that conversation today.

Hopefully our appointment in the morning with Adley will go just as smoothly and yield quick, positive results as well.  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!