Monday, October 6, 2008

One year ago today . . .


October 6th, 2007 Matt and I got married. Today is our 1 year anniversary! It's been a wonderful year and I look forward to the next 50 years or more side my side, hand in hand with him.
We celebrated on Saturday. It was absolutely beautiful outside and we began our day driving around the Westchase semi-annual garage sale. We didn't find any treasures to bring home, but it was fun going into different fancy neighborhoods and gawking at the houses.
We got dressed and went to dinner at Roy's. I surprised Matt with this restaurant because of it's Hawaiian flare, and since Hawaii is where we honeymooned, it fit perfectly. I have never had a dining experience quite like it. The service was impeccable, my water glass never got more than 1/10th empty, they folded your napkin anytime you got up, and answered every request with "my pleasure". They even gave you ice cold bottled water while you waited for valet to bring the car around! I felt so out of my element, but the pampering was welcomed. Below is us outside the restaurant after dinner. Our hotel in Hawaii had the same torches scattered throughout the property so it was fun to have the atmosphere recreated.


There is something Matt did last Thursday evening that is too cute not to mention. He went to Washington D.C. for 2 days last week for work. As he was leaving, I jokingly asked him to bring me back some of D.C.'s beautiful fall weather. He did the best he could. When he came in the front door he pulled this out of his suitcase:
I now have my very own piece of D.C. fall. It's just a silly little dried up leaf, but he stopped and picked it up and traveled with it home just for me. I just love that side of him.
Sunday we went to lunch with Oma after church. I wasn't feeling well, so we came home and I laid on the couch for the Bucs game. All in all, it was a very nice weekend.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!