It was weird to kiss Matt with a huge mustache on . . . I am now very thankful he doesn't have a real one!
We had a good time, and it's always fun to see people all dressed up.
On another note, the weather was awesome today! We slept in (after staying up to watch the Ray's game last night) and went to the late service at church. When we came home, we opened all the windows and the sliding glass door and they are still open as we speak.
Tonight Matt grilled steaks and asparagus, and after dinner we went for a walk around the neighborhood. People walking dogs and families on bikes were scattered down each street and sidewalk, everyone seemed to be taking advantage of the gorgeous day. I loved walking around enjoying the smell of fall air and food grilling combined with the soft caress of a gentle breeze and the sounds of children laughing. It's amazing to me what you notice when you simply try to capture a fragment of a day and come to the realization that you were just able to experience an incredible moment in time. I guess that's what life really is. The accumulation of these "moments" and what we take from them, what we offer during them, how they impact us along with how we impact others, and sometimes . . . we just get to pause and absorb "a few captured moments". This teaches me that I need to heighten my senses more often.
I am now tucked snugly inside my thermal pj's that haven't been used since our trip to Iowa last winter. Matt laughs at me, but in Florida, you just have to soak it in when you get it. I'm sure I'll overheat before too long, but right now, it just doesn't get much better than this on a beautiful fall day.

No comments:
Post a Comment