We went to the doctor today, it was our second time going since we've been pregnant and I can already see the routine. Sign in, pee in a cup, weigh in, vital signs, and . . . HEAR THE BABY'S HEART BEATING!!!!! This was a first for us today and it was very special. The doctor commented on what a big milestone this was for us (little does he know I've peeked in and known everything was ok all along). A strong 160 beats per minute was our number. Matt said it sounded like a freight train . . . that wasn't quite what I pictured, but hey, freight trains are strong so I'll take it.
On a table at the office there was a coupon for a 4D ultrasound for $45 at a new place that was opening. I made a comment to Matt about what a good deal that was even though it was too early for us to do that right now. The woman taking my vital signs overheard and said "You would want to wait until you're at least 30 weeks, there isn't much to look at right now, maybe a little peanut." The core of my maternal and spiritual being was stirred . . . even the worker at the prenatal doctor's office appears uninformed about the miraculous things these baby's are doing from just days after conception in the womb. I had my camera in my purse (I had been showing off the video of our incredible baby to anyone and everyone who would watch for days) and I wanted to show her too. I wanted her to see that when she said there "isn't much", she was referring to my child who was dancing around it's secluded quarters as we spoke. I kept it to myself though because I wasn't sure how it would sound coming out at that moment because I was a little angered and defensive of my child without a voice. I immediately thought of James chapter 3 where it talks about taming the tongue, so I kept mine silent and did what all mature people do . . . I stuck out my quiet tongue at her when I walked around the corner. I've got a ways to go but I'm trying . . . baby steps.
I know I've been spoiled and I am so very thankful for the glimpses I've had to see our baby. God must have known I would need that reassurance, maybe that's why He sent me to volunteer at the center almost a year ago. The women there have supported and encouraged me in numerous ways this past year and I know the growth I've had reflects it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment