Apparently the most common pregnancy symptom is back pain. It makes total sense to me that women would experience this in the later portion of pregnancy, it didn't make sense at first that it is so common at this stage.
The hormones secreted during pregnancy cause ligaments and joints to loosen, including those in your back, particularly the discs of your spine. And even though I haven't gained any weight yet, my center of gravity is thrown off and added stress is already placed on my back due to my enlarging uterus shifting things about. Well, regardless of the reason . . . it hurts like the dickens.
Matt's plane landed from Memphis late Wednesday night. He got a bad cold while he was there and is also having very pesky ear trouble. He drug his fatigued body in the front door sniffling away carrying a heating pad for me that he stopped and bought on his way from the airport. To top it off, he encouraged me to go for a 60 minute massage this afternoon. To make him happy, I'm going to go ;). Again I find myself wondering how I ended up with such a thoughtful husband.
I heard an alarming statistic last night . . . domestic violence calls in the Largo area alone have gone up 400% in the last year. That made me cry, I was humbled in appreciation for my marriage. The images of so many hurting, lost people being consumed by anger, fear, violence, control, or whatever ails them. I'm so sad for them. I hurt for any children involved in the crossfire and I'm reminded again that everyone needs compassion and the kindness and hope found in our Savior.
Another, more uplifting number is that the Pregnancy Center has saved 235 babies so far this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment