I haven't blogged in awhile. I try to do at least a couple of posts per week, but this week it was especially hard. Christmas kept us busy in such a good way, that it was hard to think about getting on the computer.
Being a nurse I usually have to work a portion of the holidays so for us that usually means cramming two large meals, as much time with family as possible, along with 3 hours of driving into one day. This was the first time I had the eve and the day off in 5 years and it was such a treat. It made me realize how fortunate we are to have both of our families within an hour or so of us.
We spent Christmas Eve with Matt's side, 7 of us total. We had an amazing non-traditional dinner of salad, baked ziti, and peanut butter pie. It was so nice to spend time with his family.
Christmas day we slept in and headed to my family's in the afternoon. Between parents, sisters, nieces, and significant others, there were 10 of us. We had a deliciously filling traditional dinner of turkey, ham, and all the fixings. I purposely tried to eat really fast so I wouldn't realize how full I was getting, but then came the stomach ache. It lasted well into Friday, but it was worth it. I thought silently to myself during the meal that I was thankful to be at this stage of my pregnancy at the holidays . . . my appetite is back and eating is fun again!
One of the sweetest gifts we got was from Matt's aunt Christina. She took a sono picture from my blog, had it framed in an ornament that said, "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" and on the back was the cutest little poem:
We await our little miracle, at this glorious time of year. This glimpse of your beginnings, we will always hold dear. Grow healthy and strong, we are waiting for you. A sweet Christmas celebration, for a precious life anew. . . . Yes, I cried. Seeing our baby's picture, sensing it saying to me, I'm your little miracle, safe inside your womb. Be patient as I grow just right, we'll hold each other soon. I already love you, although our eyes have yet to meet. I felt your joy inside, the day you witnessed my heart beat.
I so treasure this glimpse of our baby and it will be such a treat to have it adorn our tree each year as a reminder of this time in our lives.
After work the next day (Friday) I met up with some friends, one of whom was visiting from California. We all went to dinner and again, I ate too much. It was so good to see her though.
Saturday we took down all of our Christmas decorations, cleaned house a little, and got things back to normal. I think this was the earliest I've taken down decorations, but it was such a relief to have it done and behind us before another busy week began.
So here we are on my typical Monday. I went to the gym, did my grocery shopping, and will try to get a few things done before I head to the center and work the next couple of days. Then it will be the new year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment