This excites me on so many levels. For one, it helps me feel pregnant since I don't really have any other symptoms to speak of. Two, people can finally rub actual baby belly and not just my fat roll. Three, I think it's pretty cute. Four, even though all my tops and bottoms still fit, I ordered some maternity clothes because I know this little pooch is going to grow fast :). Five, I love the way it feels when Matt cups my slightly rounded abdomen between his hands, knowing that just beneath it's delicate casing our child is resting, kicking, and growing.
Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, but I took one by popular demand and it's the best I could do by myself. I should start tracking myself week by week so we can watch the bump grow! I am probably not your typical pregnant person because I welcome a big, healthy belly. A big belly means a growing baby that is still being nurtured in the best possible place, inside it's mother and not in a NICU.
I read this week that our baby can hear sounds now and is half the size of a banana! I have looked at bananas differently all week now, it's kinda funny. I also read that if we were to shine a flashlight on my belly, the baby would squirm away and squint in response even though the eyelids are still fused.
Then I read a different source showing we were more like the size of a lemon or naval orange. Guess I'll feel funny eating those too ;).

No comments:
Post a Comment