Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy week continued into a busy weekend

Friday evening began my weekend with a long soak in the tub. As noted in my previous post, my feet and legs were beyond sore, they were actually throbbing. I soaked in the tub for quite awhile and it did bring some much needed relief. Matt picked us up some salads to go for dinner, so not having to deal with dinner after such a long week was a huge blessing.
Saturday morning I met at a bridal store with my mom and 2 sisters. My mom is getting married in April, so the goal was to help her find the perfect dress for her special day....we succeeded. She looked absolutely stunning and it was so heart-warming to see her glow the way she did in that beautiful gown. After the bridal store we went to the mall in hopes of finding 3 bridesmaids dresses for my sisters and I. Again a success, which was no small feat considering I will be VERY pregnant for the occasion. My family and I don't get together near often enough, so it was so good to see them and we all seemed to have a really good time.

Saturday evening I finished some baby registry things and then it was off to a celebratory dinner for a friend who just graduated with her master's. We ate dinner inside the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino....ok food, great atmosphere. We had a very nice time and here you can see how much I've grown. We sure did feel the hour we lost that night though because we slept right through our alarm in the morning.
Sunday God gave us gorgeous weather which was quite a treat for an outdoor baby shower I attended. It was lakeside in the shade with the perfect amount of subtle breezes...the air just seemed so fresh. Before the shower I got some much needed housework done....exhausted as I was, sometimes I just have to get things done. I'm thankful for my clean floors, empty dishwasher, and empty laundry baskets this morning as another week begins in full force. Sunday also marked officially less than 100 days until the baby is due! It was fun to see 2 digit numbers on our little countdown screen....it reminded me of how much we have left to do. We picked up the crib and dresser that evening that we ordered a few weeks ago but did not manage to get it put together. At least it's here though, hopefully we like it. We ended Sunday as we so often do....grilling for dinner and a movie on the couch. I didn't make it through much of the movie, I was exhausted from such a busy week and weekend. Matt snapped this shot of Mandy and I catching up on some R and R during the movie. I love that she can still sit on my lap despite my expanding belly. It's funny though because if the baby gives a good kick, it will surprise Mandy.... I think it's really cute.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!