I cleaned it up with a fresh coat of paint, added hardware that would match her other furniture, and used a pattern under a glass top that I just thought was adorable. I'm not even quite sure what this will be used for in her room or where for sure it will sit. I just knew it belonged.
This isn't the biggest tale or restoration, or a stunning transformation where the en
d product is hardly recognizable from the beginning.....I didn't want that for this. I just wanted to incorporate something that has been held onto for all these years and all these moves by a woman who received this as a girl and is now in her 80's. A woman that is very, very dear to Matt's heart as well as mine. She felt it worthwhile to carry this overseas and from home to home throughout her life. In a room where everything is store bought and new, this gives a feeling of family, significance, character, and history to our little girl's room. Maybe she will take this with her throughout her life as well.
Restoration is one of my favorite words. My.....well, my everything has been restored from the mess I so often make of it myself. I'm given compassion's that never fail and are new each morning (Lamentations 3:22-23) and He leads me and restores my soul (Psalm 23:3). I've been given much more than new hardware and a fresh coat of paint, and for that I am eternally thankful. I'm not sure if the end product of me will be recognizable from where I began.....I just know I'm glad to be a work in progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment