Monday, November 9, 2009

Boy did we ever have a busy weekend. I love weekends like that. Busy with fun almost doesn't feel like "busy" until you come to a stop. Matt and I had booked our baby sitter weeks ago for Friday night because it was our usual small group get together, but after the trying week with Elyse we decided to be selfish and take that night for ourselves. We went to dinner at P.F. Chang's and ended up meeting up with 2 other couples for a little while. It was so nice to get out like that.

On Saturday some of Matt's family came over from the east coast of Florida to spend the day so we all had a BBQ at Mark and Kathy's. It was so much fun to see everyone and some of them we hadn't seen in about a year. Elyse quickly became overwhelmed by so many people and sort of went into panic mode. She's funny like that. She LOVES to be around action, she just doesn't want the action to be around or about her. I set her in her little chair with some toys off to the side and she just had the best time. She played quietly to herself and would look around at all the commotion and all of the people, but if too many people surrounded her she would get scared. It's so amazing to be witnessing aspects of her personality unfold. The other thing I've noticed about her is how gentle she is. When I watch other babies her age play with toys they tend to grab and bang them and she just doesn't really do that. She will turn her hand upside down and gently "cup" toys with her hands, almost as though she's trying to create a soft place for a bubble to land. Her movements are careful and intentional. Don't get me wrong, she does occasionally get excited and bang on things, just not as often.

Sunday we went out to lunch with our small group and made it home in time to watch the Bucs finally win a game. Matt and I relaxed on the couch while Elyse napped. It was a wonderful way to end the weekend. I'm a little disappointed in myself though, I took my camera to all of the different things we did and never snapped one picture. I do that a lot. I remember to bring it, but forget to use it. I need to get better at that.

Now that it's Monday the house needs tending to and laundry needs completing, but I didn't sleep well last night so I may procrastinate the chores until tomorrow. Elyse must be feeling the exhaustion too because she is a napping champ today. I love it when things like that work out. I'm tired and she's napping wonderfully. I'm feeling lazy and there isn't anything that absolutely must be done today. I think I'll declare this as my day "off". That's one of the many blessings of staying home.....there's always tomorrow, so no need to stress over it today. I don't ever let that frame of mind become a habit, but today I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!