Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It was still dinner to me

I made spinach-lasagna rolls on Sunday night because Matt requested something Italian for when he came home from the game. I told him what I made and described them to him.....mozzarella, noodles, spinach, egg, cottage cheese, etc. He proceeded to tell me in a joking manner, "That's not dinner if there isn't any meat in it." Now that's the encouraging husband I love! He is such a meat and potatoes kind of guy, I should have left the meatless part a secret because he really liked it in the end. I actually liked this much better than traditional lasagna. It was easier, cheaper, and healthier by far.....it is definitely going on the repeat list. I also like that it's something I can make ahead and refrigerate overnight and then just pop it in the oven for dinner. I feel like it's a recipe I could easily toy with by adding or deleting ingredients, and for me to feel bold enough to do that is a pretty big deal.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!