Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baby food

I'm figuring out some things with Elyse and her appetite/diet. She is ready to progress to more finger foods but not ready to have that be her only source of nutrition. She is ready for more chunky blends versus the smooth purees so that's what I've been doing all morning today. I've always made her baby food but keeping it chunky adds some new challenges but I'm giving it a go with what we happened to have on hand. I'll post a few pictures below.

I found a baby pancake recipe on wholesomebabyfoods.com. I just love that site! These pancakes were loaded with whole grain rice cereal, oatmeal, fruit, wheat flour, breast milk, bananas, apple juice and they smelled so fruity and delicious. Torn into pieces they seem to make a good finger food and I made enough to freeze. However, little miss would not eat them this morning. She wouldn't even try them. In fact she wouldn't eat any breakfast at all until I made one of her old favorites, a banana, blueberry, apple mixture. I kept it more chunky and thickened it with oatmeal, she gobbled it down.



Then I steamed some random half-bags of frozen veggies we had leftover in the freezer, chopped it and added water until it was a good consistency. The last thing I worked on was a black bean and sweet potato mix. I made enough of everything to freeze in ice cube trays and I can add the fats and proteins when I'm serving it to her. The real test will be to see if she actually eats any of it and for whatever reason I'm feeling confident that she will.
Later today we are going to watch my little sister, Erika, sky dive for her 26th birthday and all go to dinner afterward. The thought of sky diving sounds very fun to me and I'm sure I would enjoy it but I'm just too much of a chicken to dare sign up for it. Maybe some day.....nah, probably not.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!