Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Erika's Adventure

The skydiving Saturday was incredible and I didn't even jump! The weather was great and watching parachute after parachute open and land was pretty neat. Erika was quite the trooper and is definitely more courageous than I am.

After the jump we all enjoyed dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

Sunday it rained the entire day and I mean the entire day. When we arrived at church the power was out so worship consisted only of one piano and hundreds of voices lifted high singing praise. The singing was so clear and powerful because although you could hear the piano, because it wasn't amplified it only added just enough music to keep us in line (well, I'm never on key or in tune but it still helped). It was incredible and it made me so thankful for the rain and that power outage. That evening we went to Spring Hill to take Oma to dinner. Since moving her, she is now about an hour from us so the field trip took quite awhile but it went very well and it was definitely worth it. We experienced minor challenges that are unique to that situation alone. Loading and unloading a baby and everything it needs along with a great-grandmother and her walker all in the rain....was interesting but I felt so blessed to be in that moment.

On another note, I'm trying to be more consistent with the gym. It's going well so far but I'm only 3 weeks into my "re-return". Elyse is having a difficult time being left in the childcare area. I'm not sure if this is separation anxiety or something else but either way I'm trying to ease both of us into it by staying just a little longer each time. So far it's going okay but I hope it continues to get better.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!