With Elyse being so busy (and I know I ain't seen nothin' yet) it has caused me to realize that I need more self-discipline. I need to prioritize chores and quiet time in a whole new way and I haven't been doing very well at that. I cherish her 2 long naps a day for dishes, laundry, email, etc. but I can't leave out the nourishment for my soul and I've learned that the hard way far too many times. Her busyness is yet another lesson of why first things must be first and last must be last and regardless of changing circumstances my life must consist of absolutes.
On the flip side I love it. She is so much more fun and being a part of her new discoveries creates an absolutely indescribable feeling of joy that keeps me feeling warm and fuzzy all day long. I love her ability to interact now. From a distance I've seen it in moms for years.....that subtle glow and tiny smile as they watch people attempt to get the baby to grin or wave. These moms are usually sitting off to the side blending with the background but never missing a blink. Often their arms are folded and this unexplainable subtle smirk that beams of how proud they are of this little person, their little person, slowly adorns their face. I love that look on moms and I love that I'm able to feel myself wear it. As a nurse who attended numerous births, my most favorite part was watching the dads as their child appeared and cried for the very first time. Although downsized a bit, I equate this with that. Again, like with everything else, I'm just trying my hardest to soak it all in.
Swimming lessons went well last night. Very well. Neither one of us cried and she even went underwater multiple times. We may have a little mermaid on our hands just yet.
The weather is amazing. The heat kicks on at night but we can leave the windows and doors open all day long. That is my favorite kind of weather. The shade is cool but as soon as you step out from it's hiding the kiss of the warm sun on your skin heightens your senses and walking a tree lined street provides the perfect mixture of both and I did it almost every day this week.
I got Elyse's first birthday invites in the mail and the party isn't until mid June which is a big deal for me. One of my goals is to procrastinate less and be better organized and if this one task has been any indication then I am succeeding. Many other areas around my house will whisper of my failures but I really am trying and I'll take my triumphs where I can get them.
I haven't talked about cooking in awhile because with Matt's schedule and travel intertwined with date nights and get togethers it has been sporadic to say the least but tonight was something to be proud of. I made beef stroganoff and it was amazing and I am not one to ever speak like that about my cooking. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to make but it was so worth it and I'm bummed I forgot to take a picture. Oh well, it wasn't all that great to look at but it sure did taste good.

No comments:
Post a Comment