Monday, May 10, 2010

By 9:30am this morning much had been accomplished. Laundry was started, dishes were done, and I had gone to and come home from my first Pilate's class which turned out to be quite the workout considering you don't even need to wear shoes. Although I'm happy with my productivity this morning there is still much left to do. I often use Mondays as my catch up from the weekend time to get things back in some sort of order. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I am not.

Friday was small group and my mom and Tim came over early to watch Elyse so I could redeem a facial gift certificate I had from Christmas. I loved it. Given the means, I could become the biggest spa junkie ever. I sometimes have a difficult time allowing myself to be pampered. I enjoy, appreciate, and savor every moment of it but I often feel guilty about the luxurious and unnecessary expense that it is. Needless to say I get over that guilt rather easily though. Matt came home a little early from work so we went to a new Irish restaurant for dinner before group. The restaurant seemed more bar than it did restaurant but we heard the food was good, we were looking for something inexpensive and we achieved both with pleasure.

Yesterday Elyse was dedicated at church and even though it's something that is often viewed more as tradition, it was emotional for me and meant a lot. It was also my very first Mother's Day so Matt made me breakfast and lunch and later we took Oma out for dinner. Normally we avoid restaurants like the plague on holidays like Mother's, Father's, or Valentine's Day but we wanted to do it for Oma. We picked the restaurant with the shortest wait over most desirable food since it was the company we were there for.

I think I can say with certainty that Elyse has taken her first steps! I don't think Elyse realized she did it but she definitely did. I still don't think she is anywhere near walking but you never know. Matt and I were just so excited that we were there to see it together.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!