Thursday, May 20, 2010

Irony

Canned goods were buy one get one free at the grocery store and most of them were rather dented around the rims. I don't like dented cans because we have an old, hand can opener and it doesn't open round cans all that well, much less dented ones. Knowing this I scooted, moved, and dug around on the shelf until I found some that were completely intact and placed several in the cart.


I try to make as few trips as possible to bring the groceries in and Matt often chuckles at this because I'll have 12 bags on my wrists and arms, hobbling in the door like the humpback of Notre Dame. That day was no exception so hobble in I did and flung all of my groceries onto the counter and as soon as I sighed and turned to walk away.......BAM! My bag of canned goods fell on the floor. I picked them up and inspected them, each was dented around the rim. I just had to laugh.

Some of you probably think I have too much time or too little going on in my life to blog about something like that but it was such a subtle reminder to me not to take life so seriously. I'm someone who needs reminders like that.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!