Friday, May 28, 2010

The new Florida palm tree

I spoke too soon. Apparently she is too young to consistently do only one nap because it completely back fired yesterday and she is on her second nap today. I'll tweak things here and there and see what we come up with. One nap doesn't seem to be enough and she gets overtired and cranky pretty easily but two naps seem impossible to achieve....ugh.

I'm trying to show two things in the picture below. One is that I'm trying her hair in what my friend informed me is called the "palm tree" look. I think it's adorable but Matt doesn't care for it much. The other thing is her "bet you couldn't guess I'm learning to walk" battle wounds. She has the healing bruise on her right cheek and the scratch near her right eye, both from meeting with the padded side of a book storage ottoman in her room. The little boo boo's just break Matt's heart but I haven't said much because I know it only gets worse from here on out.

I'm still trying to pack and get things ready for our trip. The ladies from small group are meeting out tonight for a girls night out so I'm looking forward to that as well even though it cuts into my packing/preparing the house time. I feel like I need to leave our house in a very presentable manner because we have a friend stopping by to feed our cat Mandy, who yes, is still alive at the ripe old age of 23. It never fails to amaze me why I let myself think things like that. Matt often chuckles at me when I feel the need to have the house clean for the babysitter and now it's for the cat sitter. However, I do not feel alone in this because as silly as it may be, I have found that most women tend to feel the same way. Time to get this place in order!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!