I wish I had set aside more time to write about this and take the time to let it flow eloquently but I'm in the middle of doing several things and we are leaving tonight for 3 days. I feel like if I don't jot something down now I may not get around to it later.
Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
This verse was part of our study this past week and it spoke volumes to me. So often I pray with my head low or hardly paying attention to the things I'm even praying about. I admit my prayers get tired sounding at times. This verse changed that for me this week. Confidence is a big word for me but knowing I can confidently go to the throne, a commentary I read used the words "bold assurance", ignited my prayers.
As I was driving to the study Wednesday morning I couldn't help but think about how good things are for me, how fortunate I feel, and how thankful I truly am. I'm living in peace and enjoying God's rest (which is what we learned about last week). I have learned to recognize that rest even amidst chaos and hustle and bustle. Reflecting on that I began to think that when this happens it usually means the bottom is going to fall out sometime soon. I just felt too good. Isn't it crazy that the thought of feeling so good seems wrong?
When Joann talked this week about approaching the throne, the feet of Jesus, amidst suffering it doesn't necessarily mean our own personal suffering. We are called to share our burdens with each other and when our brothers and sisters in Christ are too weak to go to the throne, it is our job to carry them there with our own faith, with our own confidence and bold assurance. She said that when things are going good for us, perhaps we're being called to take someone else there instead of waiting for our own trials to begin. Wham. She hit the nail on the head for me. While I'm feeling bold, strong, and peaceful, I need to look for someone who needs to be carried and I know I don't have to look far.
Again, I wish I had set aside more time because I know I am not expressing this in a manner that I would normally like.
I'm trying to make, set aside, and label meals for Elyse while my mom is here with her for these 3 days. I'm finishing up laundry and vacuuming floors. I need to pack my bag and change the sheets. There is still much to be done. She had a long weekend off and offered to come stay with Elyse so Matt and I could take some time away together. I just love that about my mom. Her giving side continues to amaze me. We jumped on the opportunity and are declaring it our anniversary weekend. Matt planned a destination (although I doubt we'll go too far) that is still a mystery to me. I'm excited, I really am. I'll just be much more excited once everything is in order, my list is checked off, and we're pulling out of the driveway. We all know just about anything can happen in the mean time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
October
(13)
- Time for some pictures!
- Elyse went to the pediatrician today for a well ch...
- Friday evening we welcomed a new couple into our s...
- Alarmed
- We're home
- I wish I had set aside more time to write about th...
- Elyse says many words now but my new favorite is A...
- We had a busy weekend, in fact, the fatigue still ...
- Girly girl
- Happy 3 year Anniversary Matt! Has it really only/...
- My sliding glass door is open and a cool breeze fl...
- We went to a friends daughter's first birthday par...
- Vacation birds
-
▼
October
(13)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment