Monday, October 18, 2010

We're home

We got home for The Harbor Beach Resort and Spa in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. We had a great time and although only gone for 3 days I really think Elyse has grown, her hair seems longer, and her vocabulary more broad. I always love her but being away from her for 3 days made me love loving on her today even more. I didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped but the extra time enjoying her was worth it.


I'll post some pictures but they are just about all scenic. I only brought the nicer camera and I just feel weird asking other people to take pictures of us with it because it just seems so bulky and complicated. I am also still learning to use it so I wanted to toy around with it some more. I also wanted to look at pictures of the actual place to help me remember the experience so I can tap into it for years to come. These are in no particular order (I greatly dislike the way I have to upload photos onto blogger. If they could just set it up like Facebook that would be much better).


There was much more to our little trip than what met the lens of my camera. I could not capture what it felt like to sit in a big comfy chair wrapped in a thick terry cloth robe sipping on hot herbal tea or the feeling of sand beneath my toes as we walked aimlessly along the beach together. Waking to my body arising on it's own from slumber to a clock that said 9am and keeping no set schedule or time throughout the day. We did whatever we wanted whenever we wanted and spent much of the time doing nothing. We were spoiled, no doubt about it. We used Matt's points for the stay and gift cards from contests he won through work for dinners out. We viewed this as somewhat of a compensation for Matt's travel. If you had asked me about his travel while I was there I would have said, "Where are you sending him next?". I'm not saying this necessarily makes it all worth it because his travel will always present it's challenges. I've never denied how hard it is for our family but things like this do help and I could tell he was proud to be able to give this to us when otherwise we would not have gone. That in and of itself meant a lot. I'm so thankful for the opportunity and even more thankful that I have a mother who was willing to give of herself and her time to care for Elyse to make this possible.




Just some pretty white roses.

Harbor Beach, Fort Lauderdale Florida



Who wouldn't want to spend the day in that?


The view from our room.


They had a ping pong table near the pool so of course we had to play a game and of course I lost.


We spent quite a bit of time doing nothing in chairs like these.


A scene from our spa day. Matt used more of his points for an 80 minute massage for each of us. He had never had one before (not that I've had very many) and his exact words were....."That might quite possibly be the best thing I've ever done in my life." He was sitting in his bright white spa robe sipping on lemon water and his eyes were glazed over as he said it. He looked so relaxed and I loved that for him. The massage was the favorite part for both of us. Also in the picture there are cucumbers around the tray of cool white towels. I loved sitting around the pool with those on my eyes. I have no idea what they do for you but it made me feel very fancy and it felt good.


They had this flavored water scattered throughout the property. It was such a treat during the day and definitely just different enough from the tap water I normally drink.



Matt thinks greeting cards are a waste of money so I made him one. Luckily I had all of this random stuff to throw together from wedding crafts I did, otherwise I'm not sure it would be any cheaper. The ironic part......he bought me a card. :)

I just like this picture. At first I didn't like that there was some strange man in it but the more I looked at it the more I thought he really added a lot to the photo. I don't think he minds that I left him there.


One shot of the celebratory couple. I set the timer on the camera and just had us jump onto the bed. Hey, at least we got a picture of ourselves. Next time I'll get up the courage to ask someone or just bring the point and shoot.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!