Thursday, February 5, 2009

My latest project

Before: Big blank wall for a year and a half + limited budget = me deciding to get crafty and creative (which is a stretch for me). My older sister Adrienne is amazing with tasks like this, I did not get even a fraction of that gene, but I did my best.









I started with some canvas stretching frames of sizes. I thought would fit the project best. I found some reasonably priced fabric (the brown ones were made from a beautiful colored drape with accent colored circles, the other a very nice cloth shower curtain of all things), add to that a staple gun and I created these.


After: It's nothing to write home about, but I was actually kind of proud I had pulled something like this off and Matt and I are very pleased with the result. It looks much better in person and we LOVE to have company, so feel free to come over anytime.

The best compliment was when we had our small group over one night and one of them asked where we bought them! They liked them so much they wanted their own!

Then this past weekend our overly polite and exaggerating guests gave compliment after compliment on the house decor (including my workmanship). That made me feel so good because as I mentioned before, crafts are not my specialty nor is decorating. I don't even consider myself creative, but I have long envied that trait. My biggest problem is that I buy things in phases as great bargains arise, never all at once, so I have such a hard time picturing an end result at the time that I make most purchase decisions. I have learned I can be not only frugal, but crafty too!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!