You know those types of situations where you just know something will go wrong, be a total pain, or just flat out won't happen at all but are necessary to do? Well that's what selling furniture on Craigs list was for me. I knew we needed to do it, but I was not excited about the process at all. To put it simply, people cannot always be trusted, they are not always what they seem, and are just often not reliable or honest. I know that sounds so negative, but it is what it is. We live in a world that has lost a lot of morals and has a curved value system. Plumbers don't show up or the cable guy is 2 hours late. The dry cleaners who lost your shirt don't return calls and imply you miscounted in the drop-off knowing you counted together. You drop a valuable in the store and it never gets turned in. Keeping your word or loving your neighbor as yourself is seldom modeled and I was weary of this process from the beginning. But really what could I do about it . . . exactly, I prayed. I prayed for God to send the right people that would be blessed by this furniture, good and honest people. He answered.
We sold our furniture to the most delightful, appreciative, and kind-hearted couple that I have met in a long time. They kept their word on times for viewing, pick-up, and payments on top of being so pleasant . . . it sounds so simple, but it meant a lot. I try not to take things like this for granted and to recognize God's hand in making life just a little easier for us at times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment