Monday, February 2, 2009

The name game

The question of "What do you think you're having"; "Are you going to find out?", etc, has officially changed to . . . "What are you going to name her?"

This is a very hard question and one that Matt and I both agree need not be rushed into. She will have this name forever and we will be solely responsible for the consequences of that, whatever they are.

I have tossed around names for months and he has said yey or ney, but last Friday he came to me with a list of a dozen or so names he liked. According to friends, I should be doing cartwheels and thanking my lucky stars that he took the initiative and looked through around 500 names online and selected a few. Apparently a lot of guys don't do this, so thank you honey, the gesture was greatly appreciated. However, one thing we have quickly learned is that we have VERY different tastes in names, so we are "taking a break" from the name game for a little while. I personally have given the task to God. I know He has a perfect name for her and I've prayed that He place her name so strongly on both of our hearts that we just KNOW what we are to call her.

With a break on that task, there is still much to be done. I have officially selected a pediatrician (which was a HUGE deal to me and a VERY important decision to make) and we even have a "back-up" family practice doctor chosen. This was a huge relief to me. Now it's on to selling our guest bedroom furniture set and figuring out what crib we are going to buy. I also need to look into whether or not we want to bank her cord blood, when exactly we're supposed to take birthing classes, and if we have it in the budget to invest in a certified labor doula. Ahhh . . . nesting.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!