Sunday, February 22, 2009

Increased senses

I was reading in one of my pregnancy books that around 24 weeks we should be able to begin to see our daughter's movements from the outside of my belly.

I was sitting on the couch while I read this and she was stirring, so I thought "Hmmm...." and I lifted up my shirt. Low and behold my belly was jumping! I guess it was more like little jiggles, almost jello-like, but I was amazed! When Matt got home that evening I called over to him and he came running over to watch and she was loving the attention because she showed her daddy her moves too.

I am much more impressed by these things than he is, but he was fascinated none the less. I love to just sit and watch her now, it's a new form of entertainment that nothing else can compare to. It's another sense added. . . I have had the sense of touch for awhile, but now there is somewhat of a sense of sight thrown in. It won't be long now until I can smell her, that soothing, powdery fresh baby smell and ultimately the sense of sound. . . hearing her first cries as her tiny lungs expand with air for the very first time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!