Monday, February 16, 2009

Tales of another weekend past

The weekend brought much fun and relaxation. With Matt out of town through Thursday night, I met up with my friend Kristin at her place a block from Madiera Beach. We went out for a nice dinner at a local hot spot and I spent the night at her place. Friday we woke up and took her dog and 2 other dogs she was sitting for on a 3.5 mile walk to the dog park. We grabbed lunch and hit the sandy beaches! The weather could not have been better and we relaxed in the sun for a few hours. The sounds of the waves, a salty breeze, and the perfect warmth of the sun soothing your skin all while enjoying hours of good ol' girl talk hit the spot for me. I felt a little weird being 6 months pregnant in a bikini, but I didn't let that stop my fun. We caught the sunset that afternoon (which was gorgeous) and went to dinner before meeting up with Matt after he drove in from TPA.



Matt and I both spent the night at Kristin's Friday night in hopes of catching another gorgeous day on the beach, but nature had other plans with overcast skies and a chilly breeze. We packed it up and headed home early and napped on the couch before getting dressed for our Valentine's date night.
Matt took me to a restaurant where we enjoyed steak and grouper outside on a wooden deck at sunset, it was perfect out.


We then headed home where he made me brownie a la mode for dessert and we enjoyed a quiet evening in.

Sunday brought a wonderful church service followed by lunch with his family and a trip to the gym. We topped off the evening with a chicken salad dinner and left over brownies during our traditional Sunday evening movie.
Monday whisked him away to Atlanta again, but he should be back Wednesday. As for myself, I have been to the gym, the dentist for a cleaning, and the grocery store. Now I need to eat lunch and shower before I head to the center . . . then it's work, work, work for the remainder of the week.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!