Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meet our princess!

I know it's taken me awhile and these pictures are a month old, but here she is! Some of the shots are blurry, but I think you can still make out what matters. This one is a great profile shot. Here she is with her entire body completely folded in half (profile view). . . that's her toes up over her forehead!
Here is what I call the "toilet shot" or "butt on glass view" where she is proudly showing us that she is a girl! She definitely has the textbook "3 line sign" . . . all girl. I know I'm partial, but that is just about the cutest little booty I have ever seen.

I am growing as well . . . rather rapidly I must say. It literally seems like I can actually feel myself growing. Pants don't fit and shirts are snug to say the least. I stopped at a store on my way home in hopes of finding a couple of things that I can "grow into". I left with flip-flops and teary eyes. I feel huge and I know I will only get bigger . . . much bigger, but it wasn't just that, I have such a hard time spending money on maternity clothes knowing they won't be worn long. I have battled with this every time I go to purchase them.
I quickly reminded myself that a big belly means a healthy growing baby that is closer and closer to meeting her parents. After spending yet another day at work in the NICU surrounded by babies ranging in birth from 23 weeks to term, 1 pound in weight to 7, I am thankful that she is still right where she is supposed to be. This belly can grow all it wants. Thank you God for a growing belly and clothes that no longer fit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!