Saturday, September 5, 2009

Elyse is a different baby this weekend than she was last weekend. She definitely has had a week of developmental discoveries...she has discovered her legs and loves to kick her toys now. She tells us "stories" and her smiles are responsive. I love this picture...she is focusing so hard on her toys, almost as if she's saying, "If I could just make my hand grab that.....". Different noises startle her, where nothing really used to. Matt was holding Elyse when he had to scold our cat Mandy the other day and Elyse pouted and whimpered at the change in his tone. I have a feeling when he uses his big, mean daddy voice to scold Elyse later in life she will know he means business.

My mom and her husband are coming to babysit while Matt and I go out for our first date night since she was born nearly 11 weeks ago. I'm excited and nervous, but the excitement far outweighs my nerves and I think everyone will have a good time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!