Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm shiny.........she's just plain cute. This is a newer pair of pj's I got her within the last couple of weeks. She's just gotten too long for her newborn sized ones. I went through her dresser drawers a little today and took out thing that I've been holding onto, but really just don't fit. I love to see her growing, changing, and thriving, but with each ounce she gains and every inch she grows I'm saddened just a little at how fast it's happening.

For the first time this weekend she cried hysterically, Matt and I could tell something was really wrong. It was a painful cry, a cry of desperation. She couldn't tell us what was wrong and we couldn't figure it out...it broke our hearts. It went on for 30 to 45 minutes and I think she had bad gas or some sort of stomach pains. She finally gave in to exhaustion and has seemed to be fine ever since. When my mom and her husband showed up to babysit, we were right in the middle of the episode and I wondered if there would be any way I was going to be able to leave her. Matt and I knew there was no way we could leave her like that and we were so thankful she settled and fell asleep before we left. Knowing she was resting peacefully enabled us to enjoy our date night to the fullest. Last night's dinner was only the 3rd meal I've ever eaten away from Elyse and it was wonderful. We had a coupon and a gift card for Roy's, so that's where we went and it was delicious. Our anniversary isn't for another month, but since we won't be dining anywhere that fancy anytime soon we told them we were celebrating it last night and they took very good care of us. It was wonderful to be waited on for a change and Matt and I always enjoy getting a little dressed up for each other....we had so much fun!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!