Saturday, May 30, 2009

Date night...probably the last like this for awhile

Date night was awesome!!!! Kudos to Matt...he took me to Bern's Steakhouse for dinner. Actually, calling it dinner doesn't do it justice, to me it was an experience. The restaurant is in the historic part of downtown Tampa and when you walk it is has the feel of an old hotel or something from decades ago...my first thought was that we were in the Haunted Mansion at the Magic Kingdom. It had such a unique feel and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of it all. The service was impeccable, the meal exquisite. We even got to tour the kitchen and see steak cuts being delicately trimmed and salads prepared using ingredients that they themselves grow just up the road. The 50 degree wine cellar housing 100,000 bottles of wine was definitely a sight to see. I don't recall ever being inside of a wine cellar before, and the rows and rows of bottles were almost artwork to me. As incredible as all that was, the dessert room stands out as my favorite part. For that portion of the meal we moved upstairs and sat at an intimate table for 2 where we couldn't see anyone else. We even get to select our own choice of music to enjoy during dessert in which we chose the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie, which housed layer upon layer of peanut butter mousse and chocolate mousse encased in a deep-dish Oreo cookie crust, and was accompanied with a milk chocolate drizzle and banana flavored fried crepe dipped in roasted peanuts, mmm...I can still taste it. Sitting across from my wonderful husband as I sipped on hot chamomile tea and took bites of that decadent dessert with classical music humming in the background was intimate, yet so fun to absorb. With the baby due any day where date nights and date budgets will drastically change, I sincerely thanked him and said..."well, we went out with a bang" :).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!