Monday, May 11, 2009
Under the weather
I must have come down with something. I just spent the last 12 hours in bed and still feel like I could crawl right back in and rest another 12. I have that achy, foggy, run down feeling accompanied by razor blades in my throat. As usual, we have been extremely busy and this weeks calendar looks no different. I'm scheduled a lot at work and have commitments just about any time I'm not working. Sometimes when this happens I can't help but wonder if instead of being nudged to slow down, I get sick so I'm forced to. I have to rest, relax, and choose only absolutely necessary tasks to expend my precious energy on. Being sick often brings me back to the sense of necessity and reminds me that certain things can just wait....I have a VERY hard time with this when I'm feeling well and I struggle with it even when I'm sick. It's no surprise that there was a lot I was hoping to get done today to have the house in tidy working order before the week was in full force. I wanted to plan this weeks meals, do some grocery shopping, pick up a couple of gifts I need to buy, do a little bit of laundry, and work in the baby's room a bit....just the thought of all that exhausts me today, I wonder what I'll get done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
May
(16)
- Date night...probably the last like this for awhile
- Excited
- I haven't posted anything since Saturday because t...
- Lazy?
- Unspoken language
- Progress
- Lazy Monday
- Tired and thankful
- Continuing to learn
- Loosing myself
- I just got back from my first "mommies" lunch. Tw...
- Under the weather
- Mother's Day
- Baby updates
- Our daughter's name
- Chore basket of blessings
-
▼
May
(16)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment