We got a lot done yesterday. We did some returns before our morning doctor appointment, ran a few errands, ate lunch out, ran some more errands and then headed home where we did chores. So much of my time off lately has been spent preparing Elyse's room and running errands associated with her, that my usual household duties had been neglected. We caught up yesterday before going to small group and this morning with an aching back I awoke to a clean house and have felt nothing but lazy today. The grey sky outside kept us in slow motion for a good portion of the morning before we made it out into the real world, but out we went and we even stopped to get some frozen yogurt....it definitely hit the spot. We have dinner cooking in the crock pot and I only had a couple of things I wanted to get done today, that I did and nothing more...it feels weird but nice.
I'm finding a hard time discovering the balance between being productive without expecting or doing too much, and relaxing without feeling lazy. Days like today often make me feel lazy, like I somehow wasted precious hours that could have been used for something better, something with results....I think that's what it is, I like results. I feel validated by having something to show for my time and when Matt says..."So, what did you do today?"....just to make conversation and see how my day went, I feel like all my minutes need to be accounted for or I feel lazy. I don't know why I'm like that or where I got it from, but it's a flaw I hope to improve. I am not good at relaxing and I need to figure out how to fix that. I need a hobby or something. For months now it had been going to the gym, but since I'm not doing that right now I need to find something to do for myself....it's warm and muggy, but I think I'll go for a walk...yeah, that sounds nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
May
(16)
- Date night...probably the last like this for awhile
- Excited
- I haven't posted anything since Saturday because t...
- Lazy?
- Unspoken language
- Progress
- Lazy Monday
- Tired and thankful
- Continuing to learn
- Loosing myself
- I just got back from my first "mommies" lunch. Tw...
- Under the weather
- Mother's Day
- Baby updates
- Our daughter's name
- Chore basket of blessings
-
▼
May
(16)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment