I'm excited about today...this whole weekend really. I always look forward to weekends, but I think this one will be extra nice. Matt has planned a "date night"/birthday evening out for me tonight. I have no idea what we're doing or where we're going, I just know when to be ready and I love that. I don't anticipate anything fancy, I just enjoy the element of surprise and anticipation. I've always loved date nights but this may be one of the last for awhile so I'm excited for it and plan to savor each moment. I'm really looking forward to these last few days or weeks that Matt and I have together before little Elyse makes her arrival.
My nesting has shifted a little to some things that I enjoy, but also that will just be nice to not have to be done for a little while. I had my oil changed and tires rotated, I vacuumed out the car, I have a hair appointment today, and I enjoyed a deluxe pedicure on Thursday. Maybe you can't even consider that nesting, but it's nice to have those things done.
Sunday my family is going to come over from Lakeland to eat a pizza lunch and go bowling in celebration of my birthday. I'm not sure how good I'll be at it, but I've always enjoyed bowling, so I'll be happy to give it a go...although it could create problems when we leave if I get accused of trying to steal a bowling ball beneath my shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
May
(16)
- Date night...probably the last like this for awhile
- Excited
- I haven't posted anything since Saturday because t...
- Lazy?
- Unspoken language
- Progress
- Lazy Monday
- Tired and thankful
- Continuing to learn
- Loosing myself
- I just got back from my first "mommies" lunch. Tw...
- Under the weather
- Mother's Day
- Baby updates
- Our daughter's name
- Chore basket of blessings
-
▼
May
(16)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment