Thursday, May 14, 2009

I just got back from my first "mommies" lunch. Two other women in our small group either just had, or are about to have a baby and one of them lives just up the street. We ate at a local Panera and just talked baby talk...birth questions and concerns, new baby supplies, and must-haves for toddlers...it was very nice. I've been nervous about that aspect of all of this. We don't know many people with kids and a lot of my long-time friends aren't quite to this season yet, so it was really nice to be able to connect like that before Elyse is even here. I'm very thankful I know ahead of time that I'll have that outlet when I need it and a mommy friend so close by.

I'm still not back to feeling 100% myself, so I plan to lay low for most of the day, but there are a few things I'd like to get done. I've had an interesting time trying to hang a curtain rod in Elyse's room....apparently there is mental somewhere behind the drywall near the frame of the window and anchors don't like to screw into metal. Needless to say I'm having to patch and repaint some holes and the task in general isn't exactly easy with a protruding belly, but I do hope to get it done soon.

I have all of her clothes, towels, burp-cloths, and blankets birth through 3 months washed, folded, and put away...that was a big relief because they were just stacked in piles around her room and the clutter was really starting to get to me. Now there is just new clutter of curtain rods, shelves, tools, and other stuff I want to hang strung about that stares at me....hopefully I'll get to that soon...actually, maybe I should try to do that now.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!