Friday, June 19, 2009

3 days post due date

We are still "with" child, or should I say "without" child here on the outside. After going to the doctor yesterday he said he really doesn't want me going over 41 weeks (I'm 40+3 today) and he wanted to go ahead and set up an induction. He offered to induce me last weekend and then again this weekend as well...we declined those inductions and scheduled it for this coming Monday, June 22nd, if little Elyse doesn't come on her own before then. This is the latest induction date he would give us because we wanted to give my body every opportunity to initiate the process on it's own, but once you get that far along they worry about an aging placenta, greater risk for meconium, large babies, etc. Maybe she'll make her own way before then or perhaps she's stubborn and comfortable and just needs a gentle nudge to move things along...either way we will finally be meeting her no later than the beginning of next week!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!