Sunday, June 28, 2009

Adjusting to new life




























As you can imagine finding time to update the blog has been challenging for multiple reasons. Feedings, diapers, naps, cuddles, and most importantly just staring at her in amazement fill up our day. Matt has been home for the last week and will be home for a little over a week more which has been a huge help. We are learning, adjusting, and finding our groove in the flow of our new little family. We are learning how to not dirty every single blanket, burp cloth, and outfit in a single day. Dressing and changing her no longer takes 2 of us, but bathing still does...we're getting there. I'm sure every parent says this, but Elyse really is a good baby and we couldn't have asked for more.
Tuesday we took her to her first pediatrician appointment and it went very well. At just under 48 hours old she weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces...just a small and expected loss for such a new baby.

We had a few friends and family stop by over the past several days. Heather even came and made us a WONDERFUL dinner of crab legs! What a nice treat for new parents! By Friday though, the 4 walls of our house were closing in on me and I wanted to get out. We ended up going for a quick casual dinner with some friends from small group and Elyse did very well...she slept the whole time and we were even able to make a quick run into Target before heading home.

People described it to us, but there really is no way to prepare yourself for the way your heart swells and doubles in size the second you see her and from the moment I first touched her. It's like there's this part of my soul that is completely separate from my body and I'd do anything for her. In fact, I don't know what we ever did without her.....we are head over heels in love!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!