Thursday, June 4, 2009

Actual birthday

Today was my actual 28th birthday. It didn't feel like anything and that was more than ok with me because I think I'm approaching the years that people prefer to stop counting anyway. I gave myself the gift of a clean and laundered house...and that is a much appreciated gift. The floors are swept and mopped, laundry baskets empty, and dirty windows washed. The best part came after.....I took an actual NAP!!!! I honestly cannot remember the last time I took a nap, I imagine it's been at least a year or two, maybe more. I've just never been much of a napper, it would usually take me so long to fall asleep that by the time I would be close, I would need to get up. Let me tell you, sleeping is fun! I slept for about an hour and it really was refreshing.

Matt came home from work a little early tonight and took me out to a casual dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. I chose sushi, I love sushi and Matt is seldom in the mood for it, so I took advantage of it being my choice tonight. We tried a newer place called Yo Yo Sushi and we were pleased with our meals. I feel pretty full right now, but I'm sure I'll have room for some wonderful left over oreo cookie ice cream dessert here shortly....maybe I'll even put a little candle on it if I can find one, this is the first year no one sang to me or had me blow out candles....I really am getting old.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!