Thursday, June 11, 2009

Role adapting starting already

There are subtle changes happening beneath our roof with me not going to work now. We definitely used to be the type of couple who cooked and cleaned up dinner together, folded and put away laundry together, and in general just divided up most household duties. We had a rhythm and a system that flowed wonderfully and worked out well for us. Now that I'm the one home I've done pretty much all of the shopping, cooking, cleaning, and laundry....I wasn't sure how this transition would go for us or how either of us would truly feel about it. I didn't know if it would just be assumed that everything to be done at home was "my job" and I would loose his help and support all together. I can't say I was truly anxious or worried about how this would all play out, but it was change none the less and that usually creates unknowns. I know we're only one week into it, but I have never felt more content or peaceful in a role in my entire life. I'm sure it seems like anyone would feel the same way not having to work and all, but this goes much deeper than that. It's a much stronger feeling than just free time and not having to punch a time clock....I really feel at peace, like I was created for this. I feel like I'm finally merging into the role God designed me for, the role of a mother and supporter of my husband the way He intended for us. It's not about chores and "jobs", it's about the fulfillment I already feel in establishing an environment where I feel like I am supporting Matt and nurturing a family to the best of my ability. I feel honored to be in this situation where it is even possible for me to experience this and I'm amazed at the sense of peace that came so quickly with it. Now we just wait and see what little Elyse adds to the mix.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!