Today I had lunch with a several girlfriends from small group; 5 women, 2 kids, and 2 bun's in the oven were there. People have been doing such a good job of trying to keep me busy and my mind off of this waiting game and it definitely helps, it was really nice to have something to look forward to doing today. I'm beyond grateful for the way our group is starting to click and the relationships that have formed and are growing. I've longed and prayed for people like this in our lives...people we can "do life with" through the thick and thin, but also share our same values. It means so much to finally be living it with such great people.
Being off from work these past 2 weeks is such a different pace of life for me. I went from working full-time at the hospital along with volunteering weekly at the Pregnancy Center, to no schedule at all. I know a baby is going to change all that and shake us in ways I never imagined, but without her here yet my days are uneventful to say the least. I've found getting out of the house daily is what I need because for awhile I was trying to conserve my energy knowing labor could start at any time and for someone like me, that was very difficult. I am usually go, go, go with places to be and things to get done...taking it easy lasted about a day or two before I was ready to claw my eyes out. So today I did lunch, tackled an errand or two, hung some new wall sconces we got, and wrapped a couple of gifts for upcoming events. The air outside is scorching and sticky again, but I'm going to attempt to tackle my walk as well. All in all I've stayed busy enough without feeling like I've overdone it should things kick into gear...which I highly doubt.
Tomorrow we go back to the doctor and I'll be 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Hopefully we'll get a clean bill of health and keep truckin' along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
June
(20)
- 8 days old
- Adjusting to new life
- She's Finally Here!!!
- 5 days post dates...still waiting
- 3 days post due date
- Last One Standing...or should I say Carrying
- Keeping busy
- Today had a little more activity that yesterday, s...
- Due date!
- Saturday and Sunday were a lot of fun. We had ext...
- Encouraged
- Role adapting starting already
- Belly Casting!
- Dinner was a hit!
- Life without "work"
- Single digit lessons
- Can't sleep
- Actual birthday
- Done working :)
- Sunday bowling
-
▼
June
(20)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment