Sunday, January 4, 2009

How can I keep from singing

From the words of Chris Tomlin . . . "How can I keep from singing Your praise, How can I ever say enough, How amazing is Your love, How can I keep from shouting Your name, I know I am loved by the King, And it makes my heart want to sing". . . I love singing and the other day while I was belting out words of praise in a tune I'm sure sounded horrible to anyone but the One it was meant for, it dawned on me that my child was hearing it to. I love that.

It made me realize that we are gifted these brief moments of sheer adoration. Just as a little girl desires to marry her dad when she grows up or a little boy thinks his mother is the most beautiful person in the whole world . . . my baby loves the sound of my voice and the songs that I sing. It doesn't know any better. It likes it because it's all it knows and I just think that is about the neatest thing ever. Never again will my singing be appreciated quite like it is right now, so when I feel the urge to sing along to a song, sing loud and proud in the seclusion of my car, or sing just because in the shower, I won't suppress it . . . I'll sing for my baby.

One day this 9 inch baby will grow and realize how his/her mother has absolutely no musical gifts, talents, or clues what so ever. He or she will beg me to stop singing (they will learn to say that from their dad) and plead that I don't do it in the car in front of friends. They won't remember this time where it was the only lullaby they knew, but I will. *sigh* Oh my little one, you are already growing up too fast.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!