I don't blog much about politics, but my insides are stirring at some of the recent changes our new president has already put in place. Yahoo was the source of this information.
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Friday struck down the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information — an inflammatory policy that has bounced in and out of law for the past quarter-century.
"Coming just one day after the 36th anniversary of the tragic Roe v. Wade decision, this presidential directive forces taxpayers to subsidize abortions overseas — something no American should be required by government to do," said House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.
Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., called it "morally wrong to take the taxpayer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans to promote abortion around the world."
"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control," said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.
Not even in office a week and now my tax dollars are supporting abortion in my own country and other countries around the world. I meet with girls one on one on a weekly bases informing them, offering them resources, loving on them, directing and helping them through a crisis like unplanned pregnancy. I freely give of my time and I pour myself into these women who often feel they have no where to turn. I have seen lives changed, babies saved, and people transformed by the amazing God I serve. I do this for Him and I do this for free, now I am helping pay for the exact thing I stand against. It stings.
This again reminds me of my only other post on anything political. I am directed once again to my knees in prayer of the leader before me and regardless of how defeated I may feel right now, I serve someone far greater than this. Obama's position deserves my respect and my wholehearted support in prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
January
(19)
- Bigger really does mean better
- The promise of change . . . not quite what I was h...
- 2 years ago today . . .
- The much anticipated question . . .
- Wonderful weekend
- In case you wondered
- Reflecting on prior posts
- Monday ramblings
- My new pillow
- I'm really not crazy
- Your own backyard
- Sick for two
- Thank you, thank you!
- Alone . . . but not really
- Gender anticipation
- It got me . . .
- How can I keep from singing
- Random updates
- Another quick post
-
▼
January
(19)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment