Sunday, July 26, 2009

First day at the beach

We had some friends visiting the beach from out of town and we wanted to see them while they were here, so Matt and I decided to take the plunge and take Elyse. Although we weren't very sure how it would go or if it would be too hot, we figured we won't know until we try and we can always turn around and come home. We were thoroughly impressed with how well it went...it honestly couldn't have gone any better. She was an absolute dream baby the drive there, our stay there (6 1/2 hours), the drive home, and all night last night. We could hardly believe it. It went so well that we are considering getting a hotel room there for a night or two sometime in the near future. We had her in the shade the entire day and with the sea breeze and her light clothing she didn't get warm at all. She slept the day away in her new travel swing and snuzzler...our new favorite "must have" baby items. I got the snuzzler for her car seat because she would scream in it any time, anywhere, for however long it was until we got her out. After reading some reviews online I decided to give it a shot and she's hardly shed a tear in the car seat since. I think she just likes how secure it makes her feel and it can be transferred so easily from car seat to swing to stroller, etc.


She has really had such good days and nights lately. I'd have to say that all things considered, I've rested well since Thursday night. That's 3 nights in a row and I'm very grateful. It's amazing how much the good days can help you through the bad. Elyse has her moments, but don't we all, and the good definitely far outweigh the bad. I'm learning that these wonderful, sweet, and precious moments with her carry me through when the going gets rough. I need to look at life a little more like that as well. Storms will come, they always do and they always will, but I've been blessed with an amazing life whose rays our powerful enough to pierce even the darkest clouds. That makes me think of the Casting Crowns song "Praise You in This Storm"..one of my absolute favorites.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!