Friday, July 17, 2009

I can still manage to cook

For several days now Elyse has entered the evening fussiness period that apparently nearly all newborns go through. Realizing how common this is and that it too, will eventually peak and pass is very reassuring. I've read from multiple sources that this evening fussy period begins around 3 to 4 weeks, peaks at 6 weeks, and decreases after that. This has held true for most of my friends with babies, so hopefully it will for us as well and we only have a couple more rough weeks. It's funny though because Wednesday night she was a perfect baby, an absolute gem, she couldn't have done any better. She slept a 5 or 6 our stretch for the first time that night, woke up once to nurse and slept for another 3 hours. It was wonderful. The worst part of that was that I kept waking up thinking she should be waking up so while she rested soundly, I lost precious hours waiting for her to stir. I know, makes no sense. Last night however, she woke up to eat around 2am and fussed on and off for several hours. Matt took over at one point and I got an hour or so of sleep. She and I were finally both back in our beds by 6am. We'll see how this evening goes. Thankfully I have the encouragement and assurance from many people that although rough, it won't last long. It must be true or humans would be extinct by now...ok, I'm exaggerating, it's not that bad.


This has made certain things a little more difficult, but I've learned to time my evening shower and meal preparation around this for now. Last night I made swordfish for dinner....it was a little "fishier" than Matt and I usually go for, but it fed us and sure was nice to look at.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!