...was pretty uneventful. Elyse woke up around 7:30 this morning and was awake (but content) until 2:45 this afternoon. That's a long time for her and despite my efforts to get her back to sleep she fought through it and when she was good and ready she closed her little eyelids and is sleeping peacefully as I type.
It was sad to see Matt off to work this morning. He's been my main source of support, help, and company for Elyse's life thus far. I really enjoyed the time we all had together and I'm so thankful we had so much of it, but it was still hard to say goodbye to him this morning. Hopefully we all adjust well and the weekend comes fast.
Kristin came to visit and brought me a wonderful lunch. She stayed almost the whole day which really made time go by and Kristin is the one who eventually got Elyse to sleep (maybe I could hire her for night time).
All is all it's been a good day. I didn't get a much needed nap, but hopefully I'll be able to have a more restful night tonight.
Now I just need to remember I have to make dinner. I haven't had to do that in over 2 weeks thanks to friends and Matt. I really enjoyed not having to cook, but all good things must end and it's time to face reality, so oven mitts....here I come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Random updates
- First day at the beach
- I got great sleep last night! Elyse woke up more ...
- I wonder if spitting up in her daddy's high schoo...
- I belong in this moment
- 4 weeks old today!
- I can still manage to cook
- Chaos
- Feet
- Romance
- First captured grin!
- Motivation
- First true day solo
- First day solo
- Mamma is rested today! The last couple of days hav...
- I am feeling much better today. Matt made dinner ...
- Rough day
-
▼
July
(17)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment