Yesterday my mom, older sister Adrienne, and my 2 nieces came over for most of the afternoon. Elyse was a wonderful hostess and entertained us with her swinging, sleeping, and eating. Having had company Tuesday and Wednesday, that made today the first true day solo....I guess that's not even true because I went to lunch with several girls from small group and ran an errand afterward. Today was my first time driving in almost 3 weeks and my first time in the car alone with Elyse. I had to remind myself to make sure and watch the road and focus on driving and not keep checking on her in the mirror. It's funny how different the world seems when you have a child in your car.
The best part about my day so far today is that I squeezed in an almost 2 hour nap this morning! I've learned that it's much easier for me to nap in the mornings than in the afternoons. I'm not sure why that is and I don't really care, I'm just thankful for the sleep. Speaking of sleep, Elyse is a very loud, expressionate sleeper. She coos, grunts, squeaks, whimpers, and will even occasionally let out a loud cry. It's wakes me up quite often throughout the night and it usually takes me a minute to figure out if she's awake to eat or if it's just her sleeping noises. The most heart-breaking thing is when she lets out a cry or a whimper with a big old pouty face. She just looks so scared and sad, like she's stuck in a bad dream but can't figure out how to awake from it. I read that this is due to an immature nervous system and that they don't even really know what they're doing at all....either way, it's sad to me. Other times it's really cute because she will grin so big you can almost see her little gums, all while sleeping.
She's changing so fast already and clothes she used to swim in are now starting to fit her. She tries harder each day to hold her little head up and she's getting better at it. Her little fist whose grip was once weak now seems stronger and has even found it's way to my hair several times.
For someone who didn't want this to become a "baby blog", I sure don't talk about much else these days. I imagine that's because my days don't consist of much else at this point and my mind is often in a fog from fatigue so I don't have any deep, rambling thoughts to share like usual....I'll let you know when I think of something though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Random updates
- First day at the beach
- I got great sleep last night! Elyse woke up more ...
- I wonder if spitting up in her daddy's high schoo...
- I belong in this moment
- 4 weeks old today!
- I can still manage to cook
- Chaos
- Feet
- Romance
- First captured grin!
- Motivation
- First true day solo
- First day solo
- Mamma is rested today! The last couple of days hav...
- I am feeling much better today. Matt made dinner ...
- Rough day
-
▼
July
(17)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment