Her one month check up today went well, she weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces and was 21 inches long. She is our petite princess...it's hard to imagine that a lot of babies are this big and bigger when they're born and she's a month old. We love her precious size.
The dream baby she was yesterday lasted well into the night and into today as well. I fed her last night at 7:30pm, had her asleep by 8pm and I got myself in bed at 9pm hoping to catch some extra sleep by getting into bed early. She slept for almost 6 hours! I could hardly believe it and was so thankful she may be gradually getting her day's and night's straight. It's me that has the issues. I can't seem to shut my mind off at night and it's not productive thinking or even worry. It's meaningless things like song lyrics and "wouldn't it be weird if..." thoughts. It's gotten in my head so bad that I can actually sense the anxiety of falling asleep creeping up as I brush my teeth at night. I may have gotten in bed at 9pm, but I didn't fall asleep until after her 2am feeding! Who does that!? What sort of exhausted mother of a 4 week old stays awake for NO reason like that?! Minus feeding the baby twice I was in bed for almost 11 hours and slept maybe 4 hours (that's being generous). I've tried reading, praying, stretching, white noise, etc. I'm not sure what to try next, but I really need to figure something out...please feel free to offer any suggestions (aside from medication) or tips on how to overcome this...I'm desperate to be able to fall asleep, day or night.

No comments:
Post a Comment