Monday, July 6, 2009

Mamma is rested today! The last couple of days have been a little challenging, but last night we had a wonderful night and it's amazing what some good rest does for you. I feel so much better today and hopefully I'm getting a little better at the whole fragmented sleep thing. Matt gave Elyse her first "mommy relief bottle" last night while I was in bed resting. In theory it would have worked out really well if my mammary glands hadn't awoken me knowing it was time for the baby to eat, so I had to get up anyway. It was worth a shot and it still helped me get some good rest because I turned my "mom ears" off while he had her and I slept so deep I for the first time since she's been born. She only woke up 2 other times to eat, ate fast, and was a breeze to put back to sleep. Elyse is far from predictable and we do our best to meet her newborn needs on demand....I think things are going pretty well. I know not to get too excited by one good night because our rough ones out number the restful ones, but I'm thankful for it none the less.

Friday we had small group at our house and grilled out in celebration of Independence. For the 4th of July we stayed in and were in bed before the fireworks on TV were over. Yesterday we went to Matt's dad's house to visit a little with family. Matt and I even got a few minutes in the sun by the pool before Elyse awoke from a VERY short nap. Today we are getting the house and refrigerator ready for Matt's return to work tomorrow. I can't express my gratitude enough toward him. I knew he'd be helpful and I knew he would be a good dad, but I still must have been selling him a little short in my mind...he's been amazing and I'm really going to miss him being around. We have several visitors planning on coming by this week so I'm sure we'll stay busy. Maybe I'll even get lucky enough to have a few good nights like last night, if not, I know this time will eventually pass and I just need to enjoy this tiny, precious little bobble-head because she won't be this way for long.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!